Lort Smith continues to operate while complying with government direction. Protecting the health and welfare of clients, volunteers, staff and animals remains our top priority.
Conditions continue to change, please check this webpage regularly for up-to-date information.
Client access to Lort Smith
Lort Smith will allow masked and fully vaccinated clients to attend consultations with their pets. These clients are required to show proof of vaccination status upon arrival at reception.
Clients who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will continue to be served via our “contactless” appointment process from the car park.
A distance of 2m is to be maintained wherever possible.
All onsite staff and volunteers are required to be double COVID-19 vaccinated.
Face mask – mandatory
Wearing a face mask, covering your nose and mouth, is mandatory when visiting Lort Smith.
QR code check-in – mandatory
Staff, volunteers and visitors to Lort Smith must check-in using QR codes displayed throughout the organisation.
The Animal Hospital is currently closing the emergency service at 6pm.
Telephone and online consultations
Clients can speak with a vet instead of visiting in person. These remote consultations apply where the pet needs a non-urgent recheck for an ongoing condition, or more medication. Call 03 9328 3021 to book this service.
We ask our clients to support us by:
- only one carer accompanying pets visiting the Animal Hospital and Vet Clinics
- call from your car/outside upon arrival: 9328 3021
- waiting in your car if requested
- using hand sanitiser when you enter and leave the premises
- maintaining a distance of 1.5m wherever possible.
Please do not attend the hospital if:
- you are experiencing cough, cold, fever or flu like symptoms
- you have tested positive for COVID-19
- you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19
- you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
We are working hard to ensure we can continue to provide complete veterinary care.
Requests for prescription medication and food can be made via phone on 9287 6449 or by completing an online prescription request form. If you are unable to collect your medication order, we can arrange delivery via post. We continue to take special food orders.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all make the necessary changes to keep everyone in the community safe.
Pets and coronavirus
Read our handy tips for pet carers.
Factsheet: Preparing our pets for a post COVID-19 world