Hi everyone, my name is Bayley
Introducing Bayley, a lively 7-month-old Fox Hound x Harrier with a zest for life and an eagerness to learn. This intelligent and spirited pup is on a quest to find an experienced owner who can appreciate his intelligence while guiding him with a firm yet loving hand.
Personality: Bayley is a bundle of energy and enthusiasm, and he’s ready to take on the world. He’s not just a dog; he’s a full-fledged adventurer with a curious nature and a cheeky streak. Bayley loves to push boundaries, so he’s in search of a savvy owner who can help him channel his intelligence and energy in positive ways.
Training and Learning: Bayley is eager to soak up knowledge like a sponge. He’s a quick learner and thrives on mental stimulation. With the right guidance, he has the potential to become a well-behaved and obedient companion.
Ideal Home: Bayley requires a home with high, secure fences to keep his curious spirit contained. Experience with hound breeds is a must, as Bayley can be a handful at times. He’s looking for an owner who can set clear boundaries and provide consistent training.
If you have a dog, they should be a younger, confident dog with solid obedience. Bayley’s play style can be exuberant, so his four-legged friend should know how to keep up and also gently put him in his place when needed. Due to his high prey drive, Bayley cannot live with small animals or cats.
Ready to learn & love: Bayley is ready to become the loyal, well-adjusted companion he’s meant to be and is eager to start his next adventure with the right owner.
If you’re experienced with hound breeds and ready to embrace the joyful challenge of raising Bayley, please fill in an application form.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.