Hi everyone, my name is Bianca
I was surrendered to Lort Smith with my kittens, as the wonderful lady looking after us knew that she couldn’t provide us with all that we needed.
I was extremely timid when I arrived, so I spent some time in foster care where I was loved and cared for. I’m now more confident and my personality is really starting to blossom.
My foster mum thinks I am the sweetest girl, and I am now loving pats, chin tickles and will purr with content.
I will need the same kind of patience in my new home, as I will take some time to feel comfortable. My ideal home will be very quiet, have no other pets or young children. I am an indoor-only cat and would love lots of nooks and crannies to explore and help me feel safe while I adjust and explore my new environment.
Please complete an online expression of interest form if you can offer me a loving, peaceful home.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.