Hi everyone, my name is Bobbins
I presented to Lort Smith after being hit by a car. It was discovered after x-rays that I had bilateral pelvic fractures rendering me unable to walk or toilet on my own. My carers decided it was best if I was surrendered to Lort Smith where I would receive the treatment I desperately needed.
I’ve proven that I’m a resilient little fighter and after stints in both the hospital and foster care, I’ve made a full recovery and can now walk and toilet independently!
I will need to be on life-long medications and my toileting habits need to be monitored, but there is no reason why I won’t go on to leave a full and wonderful life. The lovely staff will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
I am an extremely affectionate little lady despite everything I have been through. I want nothing more than to curl up in your lap and receive all of your love! I require an indoor only household where I can be the centre of attention and have no more accidents. A home with no other animals or small children is ideal for me please.
I am currently in foster care and will be adopted from this location. If you think you can provide me with the perfect home please complete an online expression of interest form and we will get in contact to arrange a time for us to meet!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.