Hi everyone, my name is Buzz
They don’t call me Buzz for nothing, cos I simply love buzzin’ around. I am extremely cheeky, super confident and sometimes get over stimulated when I play. I don’t have a mean bone in my body I just find playtime irresistible, sometimes giving little nips or wacks, never nasty though. For this reason it’s best I don’t live with small children as I don’t think they’ll understand where I’m coming from. It has been discovered that I don’t like other cats, therefore I would prefer to just live with my human family. I need to be brushed on a regular basis to keep my gorgeous locks from getting matted. If you would love to add a fun loving bloke to your family please do an online expression of interest, I’ll spice up your life!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.