Hi everyone, my name is Cheeks
Cheeks is a charming black and white cat with a heart full of affection. This delightful feline has a special way of making everyone feel loved. The moment you enter the room, Cheeks will greet you with a gentle purr and rub around your legs to let you know just how much he adores your company.
When Cheeks first arrived at our adoption center, he was in need of some TLC. His fur was badly matted, but thanks to a much-needed shave, he now looks like a handsome lion, with a majestic and regal appearance that matches his personality. His new home will need to keep up with regular brushing to maintain his majestic appearance.
Cheeks is not just a pretty face; he’s a loving and sociable cat. He enjoys spending quality time with his human companions, whether it’s curling up on the couch for a cozy movie night or simply basking in the warmth of your presence. Cheeks is an expert at stealing your heart with his endearing antics and charming disposition.
If you’re looking for a feline friend who will shower you with affection and brighten your days with his playful spirit, Cheeks is the one for you please fill in an application form. Cheeks can’t wait to meet you and bring joy into your life!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.