Hi everyone, my name is Chips & Sasha
Hi! We are Chips and Sasha!
Sasha is the black and white lady and I am her tabby brother, Chips. We have always lived together and are very bonded, so we are seeking our future home where we can continue to keep each other company.
We are both super friendly, sweet and affectionate cats with lots of love to give to our new family. I absolutely love being picked up for a cuddle and giving you kisses on the face, whereas Sasha can be a little more independent but still laps up the attention when its given.
I have a couple of health issues that currently don’t require any medication, but will need to be monitored as I get older. The staff here will be more than happy to go through this with you.
We have previously lived with children so we would be happy to share our home with kids, as long as they can be respectful and gentle with us while we adjust to our new surroundings.
We think we can make any family happy, so please submit an Expression of Interest form below if you’d like to meet us!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.