Hi everyone, my name is Maggie May
I am a quirky, slightly older lady looking for a loving home, preferably with no young children or other animals as I do have a cheeky, somewhat feisty side.
I may take a little time to get acquainted with my new surroundings, but once I am settled you will see just how loving I am. I would love a quiet home with a big scratch post positioned next to a window as I love to look at the outside world. My inner kitten comes out when I’m given toys and activities.
I was surrendered through no fault of my own, sadly my previous carer had to go into permanent care.
Please complete an online expression of interest form if you think I could fit into you family, I am ready to start my new life!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.