Hi everyone, my name is Mark
Earlier this year Mark unfortunately lost his leg, but don’t you worry he has not let that slow him down. In fact, he has really owned the tripod look (just come and see for yourself)!
He is a very affectionate boy who would love a home where he can stay indoors all day long! That way he can play and curl up on the couch with his favourite people (aka YOU).
Mark’s journey is an inspiring one, and he’s ready to share the next chapter with a loving family. If you’re ready to open your heart to this courageous feline, please consider giving Mark the forever home he truly deserves.
Check out a video of him being cute and playful below!
For adoption inquiries, please complete an expression of interest for Mark! Together, let’s make sure Mark’s story continues with love, warmth, and the joy of a forever family.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.