Hi everyone, my name is Monkey & Chicken
The adorable duo Monkey & Chicken are not only sisters but the bestest of friends!
Chicken (Black & white) is a lot more confident than her sister and will practically throw herself at your face for rubs and head tickles. She loves her back being petted and will flop onto her side if she wants more. Little Monkey is just as sweet but is a little more aware of her surroundings. She will wait for Chicken to tell her it’s safe before coming out for a cuddle.
They would both be best suited to a quiet home with no young children or dogs as we want to ensure Monkey feels safe at all times. They can often be found wrapped in each other’s arms after a big day of play.
If you are interested in meeting these two girls, please fill out an expression of interest form by clicking the link below.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.