Hi everyone, my name is Peppermint
l came to Lort Smith when my previous owners could no longer care for me.
I am a super affectionate girl who loves to spend time with my humans. I’m still quite active and playful so would love lots of toys to keep me entertained in my new home!
After a day full of play and bird watching, l love nothing better than to curl up on a nice warm lap and go into couch potato mode.
I don’t mind other cats but have never met a dog. l love people of all ages but would be a bit wary of small children.
I would benefit from prescription dental food as l have a little tartar on my teeth.
In my previous home I was always kept outside, but would cry to come indoors. I would love if my new family would keep me inside where I feel safer and happier.
IF you feel I could fit into your life please do an online expression of interest!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.