Hi everyone, my name is Roxy
I’m a gentle, sweet lady looking for a quiet, indoor, calm, loving home with plenty of things to do, lots of enrichment, a window to look out and observe nature. I may appear timid initially but once I trust you I really come out of my shell. I simply adore pats and belly rubs, I love to snuggle on the couch and sleep on your bed. When I first arrived at Lort Smith it was discovered I had an ectopic pregnancy and required surgery straight away. Following that I had a major dental where all of my teeth accept my 4 canines were removed, now my mouth has never felt better. I also have low grade kidney issues so as you can see I need to be with a family who will nurture me and make sure my regular vet exams are kept up. Please do an online expression of interest to arrange a meeting, I promise you’ll love me!
Make sure to check out my video of me being silly with catnip!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.