Hi everyone, my name is Sassafras
I’m a very cheeky young lass who is seeking a loving home!
My ideal home is one with experienced cat slaves who are aware of cat body language and are happy to help me learn to not be so rough when I play. I don’t mean any harm, I just get a bit carried away!
I’m very needy, I like to follow around my humans and be involved in all the things that are going on in the home. I would love to live with someone who is home a fair bit as I love the company.
It would be best that I am in a home with no young children, due to my rough play style I wouldn’t want to accidentally scratch or nip them.
My rough nature is quite off putting for other cats, so it would be best that I am the only cat in the home please. Maybe in the future I could live with another cat once I mature and calm down a little.
I love playing with toys and climbing to the highest point of the cat scratching tower. I love to pounce on toy mice and chase ping pong balls. Lots of enrichment is a must for me!
If you have a home where I can live safely indoors and have lots of time to give me love and attention, please consider filling out an expression of interest form!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.