Hi everyone, my name is Snuggles
Snuggles is a gentle soul who will quickly become your best friend if given the chance. With some patience, love, and positive reinforcement, she will be sure to blossom into an amazing companion.
She loves mental stimulation in the form of playtime, food puzzles, sniffing out the environment, and belly rubs!
She loves going for walks and playing in the backyard but also loves snuggling up with a cosy blanket.
If she was to go to a home with another dog, it would have to be a dog that has obedience, and can interact and play appropriately.
Please keep in mind; whilst Snuggles is only a small pup now, due to her breed she will grow to be a much larger dog over the next year!
If you are looking for a loyal pup to join your family, Snuggles is your girl!
Meet and Greet by appointment only
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.