- Wipe your pet’s fur with a damp cloth to remove any residual chemical so this is not groomed off (it can help to take the animal into a dark room to locate DBP as this substance glows in the dark).
- Offer milk or something tasty (for example, tinned tuna or salmon) to wash away the taste.
- If the eyes are red, rinse these gently with tap water.
Clinical signs occur immediately upon biting into the glow stick.
- Pawing at the mouth
- Skin redness and irritation
- Eye redness and irritation
EFFECTS OF TOXICITY
Glow jewellery contains a bitter tasting, irritating substance. It is likely that the effects are due to the bad taste of the substance and irritation of the mouth rather than a toxicity.