Hi everyone, my name is Kora
I’m an energetic kitten who is looking for an experienced cat family to take me in and love me forever! I have a massive personality, I’m sassy, needy and very playful. When I’m eventually tired I’m very sweet and love a cuddle.
Play time, wrestling and climbing at scratching posts are my favourite past times. There will be no space in your house that I won’t get in to have an explore! I’m constantly on the go with boundless energy!
I can be a bit too enthusiastic with my play, I get a bit rough and carried away. I would be best suited to an experienced cat carer who will help calm me down and not be put off by my rough play style. I’m seeking a strictly indoor home and a family without any young children.
I’m very needy, I don’t like being too far away from my human slaves. If I get lost in the house, I will sing the song of my people, until I can find you again! I am seeking a family who is home most of the time so I don’t get lonely.
I have lived with other cats and some dogs in my foster home. I took a little while to warm up to them but I was eventually happy to coexist. I can be a bit full on for some animals as I am constantly wanting to play, so if there are any other animals in my new home, they will need to be young and tolerant!
If you think your home is missing some bouncy kitten energy, please complete an expression of interest form today!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.