Hi everyone, my name is Lucy
Lucy is currently waiting to become Queen of your house!
Like most cats, Lucy is in love with herself. At Lort Smith she’s known as the Boss Lady and won’t hesitate to put you in line if you’re not serving her dinner fast enough. She has become a fast favourite amongst the staff at Lort Smith and we love her quirky nature and the way she silently judges us every morning. Once settled, Lucy is actually a lovely girl who will rub against you for pats and swirl around your leg wanting attention. When she’s had enough, she’s happy to take herself off and find a comfy place to snooze the day away. Although we aim to protect Lucy’s light features, one of her absolute favorite things to do is laze in the sunlight that comes through the windows.
Lucy is suited to an adult only home that understands a cats funny & sassy nature!
If you would like to meet Lucy, please fill in an expression of interest form OR come and meet her at our Adoption Centre in Campbellfield.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.