Hi everyone, my name is Millie
I am a sweet girl who has recently been in foster care where it was noted that I was simply the perfect house guest. I adapted quickly, had total manners, was very attentive, cuddly with my minders and generally had a wonderful time. As I am still very young, I like games such as hide and seek, run through my cat tunnel, climb scratch poles and stare out the window.
Although I love other animals, I have been told that I need to keep calm due to a mild heart condition. As a result I would need to be rehomed as an only animal as it would just be too tempting to play all day! If you feel a sweet heart like me could fit into your life, please do an online expression of interest.
My meet and greets are by appointment only, please fill out an expression of interest form and one of the staff will be in touch to book you an appointment!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Hill’s Pet Nutrition are corporate supporters of Lort Smith and kindly gift a $15 voucher from their Science Diet range to all new Lort Smith cat and dog adopters.